We are delighted to be working with a highly regarded and growing real estate business to recruit a Facilities Manager for their growing Property and Asset Management Division, based in Manchester.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of a portfolio of buildings including both hard and soft services.
As facilities manager, you will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the tenants of multi tenanted buildings across a geographical area. You will potentially have a mix of commercial, retail and industrial sites to manage. You will ensure that statutory requirements are met and best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for tenants, their employees and their activities.
This is a diverse field with a range of responsibilities, which are dependent on the buildings within your portfolio, but will ensure variety and a diverse working day. You will be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. You will need experience in managing the following:
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Cleaning services
- Maintenance both PPM and reactive works
- Procurement and contract management, contract negotiation and preparing contracts for director approval
- Security services and management of systems
- Tenant liaison
- Managing projects through to completion
- Contractor management and accreditation
- Tenant liaison- weekly visits/meetings
- Responsible for ensuring properties meet legislative, regulatory and environmental standards
- Knowledge of soft and hard services with focus on management and delivery of mechanical and electrical services
- Operation of building H&S Systems and compliance including method statements, risk assessments, permits to work, etc
- Knowledge of building engineering systems and maintenance , building fabric maintenance, cleaning, security, etc
- Monitoring work completed by contractors/suppliers including refurbishment projects
- Auditing of works undertaken by contractors
- Vacant property inspections for insurance purposes
- Good working knowledge of service charge budgets- the budgets will be compiled in conjunction with the asset manager.
- Review of service charge expenditure to ensure spend is in line with budgets
- Key point of contact for reactive maintenance issues in conjunction with site staff
- Costs saving and process improvements
- Oversee site-based staff i.e. receptionists and building managers.
- Management of refurbishment projects
- Ensuring vacant spaces are presentable for viewings
- Emergency call outs
- Providing access for contractors etc
As a facilities manager, you will need to:
- Prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors
- Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
- Mobilisation of new contracts
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to tenants
- Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as reception, security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling
- Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- Keep staff safe
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for buildings, or re-organising common area facilities
- Check that agreed work by site staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Coordinate and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
For further information or a confidential discussion about this position please call Michael Ashworth on +44 7957 248 106 or e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org